Trinidad Green Seasoning Recipe (Fresh Herb Seasoning)
A versatile blend of fresh herbs used in Caribbean dishes. Great for curries, soups, stews, sauces, vegetarian recipes, rice dishes, and a wonderful marinade for meats, seafood, tofu, and vegetables. Store in refrigerator.
- 2 bunch Culantro, it is a cousin of cilantro. If it is not available in your area, substitute with cilantro in equal parts (fresh)
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 bunch Thyme, leaves only (hold stem and using other hand, run two fingers down the stem to gather the leaves on it)
- 1 bunch Chives
- 4 stalks Green onion
- 3 stalk Celery (use the leaves too)
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 2 handful Basil, leaves only
- 1 inch Ginger (for spicier 2 inches. I recommend 1 inch)
- 4 tbsp Pimento Peppers (find in a can near tomato paste)
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Pink Himalaya Salt (optional)
Use kitchen shears to cut fresh herbs and other vegetables directly into your blender
When blender is full, blend with no water or white vinegar to create more space.
Continue this process until there is enough space to add garlic, pimento peppers, and green onions.
Add 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
add ½ tablespoon of coarse pink Himalayan salt. Remember you will be using other ingredients for your recipe of choice, so this optional.