Pistachio Cardamom Ice Cream Recipe
This homemade pistachio cardamom ice cream is the ultimate easy recipe. It’s no-churn and made all in a blender with easy to find ingredients. It’s ultra creamy, nutty and sweet. Comforting for any time of year. Indulge on it’s own in a waffle cone or serve with my vegan banana chocolate chip cookies, butter cookies, or some fresh fruit.
Pistachio cardamom ice cream is best served every day of the week! The vibrant green color, the distinct pistachio flavor, and ultra creaminess is just perfection. And who knew it would be so easy to make! I am such a fan of pistachio anything and let me tell you, cardamom is a perfect pairing with it.
Disclaimer & Disclosure: There may be affiliate links in this post. Nothing here should be taken as medical advice. Please consult with a certified dietician or nutritionist about nutritional needs specific to you.
Here’s What You Need In One Grocery List
- Condensed milk
- Heavy Cream
- Canned coconut milk, reduced fat (Thai brand used)
- Pistachio extract (linked is what I used)
- Cardamom pods, ground using grinder or mortar and pestle (linked what I used)
FULL RECIPE PROVIDED IN RECIPE CARD BELOW. Like this recipe? Pair it with my Totally Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies, or try my Easy Vegan Banana Bread Recipe and other Dessert Recipes. Here’s also full archive of Vegetarian Recipes and Vegan Recipes for you to browse.
What I Love About Pistachio Ice Cream
- It’s fancy!
- No ice-cream machine or expensive equipment needed. Just use your blender.
- Ultra creamy, comforting, and delicious dessert
- Easy recipe with unique flavors
Tips To Making Homemade No-Churn Ice Cream
Container size matter
I freeze using smaller containers unless I am serving several people at one time for ease of storage and serving. Because this is a no-churn ice cream made using a blender, it is best to allow it to melt for a few minutes. I personally don’t like thawing and unthawing ice cream, so use two mini loaf containers and make two smaller batches. The size I use is 5 3/4 inch X 3 1/4 inch X 2 1/4 inch. I linked the exact product I use.
How Long to Freeze Ice Cream
Best practice is allow your ice cream to freeze overnight. If you are preparing it same day, I would make it first thing in the morning so it will be ready for a mid-afternoon treat.
Recipe Variations: Toppings!!!
Ok, go crazy here. Here are some of my favorite toppings for this ice cream:
- More pistachios
- Chocolate syrup
- Toasted coconut flakes. And yes, please toast them!
- Fruit! My favorites are mango slices, raspberries, or strawberries for this ice cream
- Crumbled butter cookies, sugar cookies, or graham crackers
How To Toast Coconut Flakes: Easy! Simple pour into a heated pan while watching pan closely the entire time. Usually 5 minutes or up to 10 minutes is enough time. Just watch it the entire time to ensure they don’t burn. Stir occasionally.
Where Do I Find Pistachio Extract & Cardamom?
For the not so easily available items in this recipe, here’s what I use. It’s also linked about but here again for convivence.
- Pistachio extract
- Cardamom pods, ground using grinder or mortar and pestle
How To Make This Recipe Vegan
If I were to make this recipe vegan, I would substitute the following ingredients: change the condensed milk to vegan coconut condensed milk, and instead of heavy cream use more canned coconut milk instead. Try my Vegan Coconut Lime Ice Cream if you want a vegan ice cream that screams sunshine!
Pistachio Cardamom Ice Cream Recipe (No-Churn, Homemade)
- 2 non-stick mini loaf pans ( size: 5 3/4 inch X 3 1/4 inch X 2 1/4 inch)
- Mortar and pestle or electric grinder
- 1 can Condensed milk, 14 oz. can
- 1 ¼ cups Heavy Cream
- ¾ cup Canned coconut milk (reduced fat)
- 1 tsp Pistachio extract
- ¼ cup pistachios, ground or chopped using grinder or mortar and pestle
- 2 Cardamom pods, ground using grinder or mortar and pestle
- Grind cardamom pods, remove husk
- Using pistachios with shells removed, grind pistachios so they are roughly chopped and rather small.
- Lighlty blend all ingredients.
- Pour mixture into two non-stick mini loaf pans ( size: 5 3/4 inch X 3 1/4 inch X 2 1/4 inch)
- Allow ice cream to set overnight.
- To serve, allow to sit on counter top for about 10 minutes so the ice cream slightly melts before scooping. Serve and enjoy!
GOT QUESTIONS? I’m happy to help. Leave a comment and add some stars to let me know if you enjoyed this recipe. Let me know how you re-created it too. Also, please share it on social media. Tag #thenaturalfoodie. Thanks! -Salei