Vegan Coconut Lime Ice Cream
This vegan coconut lime ice cream is the ultimate summer treat. It’s no-churn, packed with sunny flavors, and made all in a blender with easy to find ingredients. It most definitely puts the lime in the coconut. Only 10g Net Carbs Per Serving!
When it comes to vegan ice cream, I want flavor without compromise. No need to pretend the coconut isn’t there. Love the coconut. Put lime with the coconut. Have a party with the coconut. This recipe is vegan heaven. The coconut is in your face, and I’ve provided a sliding scale of tartness so lime lovers like me can get it all and also those with more of a subtle approach to lime are happy. I love homemade ice cream. It’s such a fun and easy activity to do with my girls.
Here’s What You Need To Make Vegan Coconut Lime Ice Cream
Here’s what you need in one grocery list:
- Non-dairy coconut sweetened condensed milk
- Full-fat coconut milk
- Pure vanilla extract
- Fine pink Himalayan salt
- Limes, including zest
Tip for lime to coconut ratio: For lime lovers, use the zest and juice of two limes. For a more powerful coconut flavor and nice hint of lime, use the zest and juice of one lime.
What I Love About This Vegan Ice Cream Recipe
- It’s the perfect summer time treat.
- No ice-cream machine or expensive equipment needed. Just use your blender.
- Refreshing and sweet!
- Easy recipe.
- All ingredients are found in your grocery store.
- Dairy-free & Vegan!
FULL RECIPE PROVIDED IN RECIPE CARD BELOW. Like this recipe? Vegan suggestions also provided for my Pistachio Cardamom Ice Cream Recipe. You may also like my Totally Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies, or try my Easy Vegan Banana Bread Recipe and other Dessert Recipes. Here’s also full archive of Vegetarian Recipes and Vegan Recipes for you to browse.
Disclaimer & Disclosure: There may be affiliate links in this post. Nothing here should be taken as medical advice. Please consult with a certified dietician or nutritionist about nutritional needs specific to you.
Tips To Making Homemade No-Churn Vegan Ice Cream
Container size matter
I freeze using smaller containers unless I am serving several people at one time for ease of storage and serving. Because this is a no-churn ice cream made using a blender, it is best to allow it to melt for a few minutes. I personally don’t like thawing and unthawing ice cream, so use two mini loaf containers and make two smaller batches. The size I use is 5 3/4 inch X 3 1/4 inch X 2 1/4 inch. I linked the exact product I use.
How Long to Freeze Ice Cream
Best practice is allow your ice cream to freeze overnight. If you are preparing it same day, I would make it first thing in the morning so it will be ready for a mid-afternoon treat.
Normally I’d say go crazy, but for this vegan ice cream recipe, simple is better. Here are my go-to toppings for this vegan ice cream:
- Toasted coconut flakes (toasted is a must to me)
- Crumbled graham crackers
- Non-dairy whip cream or cool whip
How To Toast Coconut Flakes: Easy! Simple pour into a heated pan while watching pan closely the entire time. Usually 5 minutes or up to 10 minutes is enough time. Just watch it the entire time to ensure they don’t burn. Stir occasionally.
Use this same recipe and make a raw vegan frozen coconut lime cheesecake. Simply blend all ingredients and place in a graham cracker pie crust and freeze. Use the topping suggestions above.
Can I Use Regular Condensed Milk For This Recipe?
For more creaminess, traditional condensed milk does work really well and won’t compromise the flavor since it still calls for coconut milk. I love that this is a vegan ice cream, but yes, it does work well with regular condensed milk. Check out my Pistachio Cardamom Ice Cream Recipe too!
Vegan Coconut Lime Ice Cream
- Two nonstick mini loaf pans (size: 5 3/4 inch X 3 1/4 inch X 2 1/4 inch)
- 1 can Non-dairy coconut sweetened condensed milk, 7.4 oz can
- 1 can Full-fat coconut milk, 14 oz. can
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Fine pink Himalayan salt
- 1-2 whole Limes, juice and zest
- Zest the limes. For lime lovers: use the zest and juice of two limesFor in your face coconut and a hint of lime: use the zest and juice of one lime
- Add all ingredients to blender and lightly blend.
- Pour mixture into two non-stick mini loaf pans ( size: 5 3/4 inch X 3 1/4 inch X 2 1/4 inch)
- Allow ice cream to set overnight.
- To serve, allow to sit on counter top for about 10 minutes so the ice cream slightly melts before scooping. Serve and enjoy!
GOT QUESTIONS? I’m happy to help. Leave a comment and add some stars to let me know if you enjoyed this recipe. Let me know how you re-created it too. Also, please share it on social media. Tag #thenaturalfoodie. Thanks! -Salei